Spencer is a sleek, streamlined engine privately owned by the Duke and Duchess of Boxford.
Spencer is very arrogant and pompous and considers himself to be above doing menial duties such as shunting. None of the engines like him, especially Thomas and Gordon. When he came to build the summer house, Spencer proved himself to be very nosey, sneaky, disobedient and rather neglectful. Despite being closely related, Gordon and Spencer have never gotten on very well with each other. This is mainly because of his pompous behaviour, which exceeds even that of Gordon's. Despite this, he has shown a kind side when he realised his mistakes. This side once came through when he helped Percy find his way home to Tidmouth Sheds.
Spencer is an LNER Class A4 Pacific. Mallard, holder of the world speed record for steam locomotives, is another member of this class. An additional five members of this class survive in preservation.
Spencer was painted blue-grey with black lining. From the tenth season onwards, he is painted metallic silver, still with black lining. He has red nameplates with his name in gold.
- Season 1 - Edward Tries His Best (mentioned), Henry the Warrior (mentioned), Spencer the Show-Off, and Gordon, Spencer and the Flying Scotsman
- Season 2 - Jealous James and Long Lost Twins (cameo)
- Railway Show Engines - Vinnie's Vicious Deed and Red and Fast
- Spencer's whistle is a stock sound effect of a GWR whistle.
- In his The Great Race promotional video, it states he is the holder of the world speed record for steam locomotives. In the actual special, it's stated that he's a former world record holder.
|Stepney • Patriot • Flying Scotsman • Wilbert • Spencer • Hiro • Connor • Caitlin • Gator • Samson • Sam • D261 • D199 • Other Railway Diesels • Splatter and Dodge • The Mainland Diesels|
|Theo • Lexi • Merlin • Hurricane • Frankie|
|Ashima • Rajiv • Yong Bao • Vinnie • Carlos • Raul • Shane • Etienne • Frieda • Gina • Axel • Ivan|