Fergus is a railway traction engine.
Fergus knows the rulebook off by heart, and his catchphrase is "Do it right!" His insistence on doing everything absolutely according to the rules can annoy the other engines, but he is a decent engine at heart and will not hesitate to help others in trouble.
Fergus is based on the Aveling and Porter 2-2-0 'T9' class railway traction engine No. 9449 "Blue Circle", which is the only one left in the world. Since Fergus' introduction, "Blue Circle" has been dressed up as Fergus on special occasions on its home line, the Battlefield Line in Leicestershire.
Fergus is painted royal blue with gold boiler bands and red wheels.
- Season 1 - Salty's Secret Story, Bill and Ben (cameo), and Fergus and the Small Engines
- Season 2 - Theo and Fergus
- Thomas and the Storm (cameo)
- According to the official website, Fergus' flywheel can be used to power tools such as a saw, drill, or pump. It has also powered a generator in the past.
- Fergus has never been seen with a fireman.
- According to Robert Gauld-Galliers' concept art, Fergus was originally going to have oval shaped buffers.
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Geoffrey • Bill and Ben • Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Bash and Dash • Ferdinand • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Timothy • Marion • Glynn • Ryan • Diesel • Daisy • BoCo • Mavis • Derek • Diesel 10 • 'Arry and Bert • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Philip • Hugo • Flynn • Winston • Stafford|