Connor is a fast streamlined engine from the Mainland.
Connor is a streamlined engine, designed for speed. Along with his friend Caitlin, Connor is an excitable and energetic character, who likes to be busy and loves to race. Both Connor and Caitlin are friendly and eager to get other engines to join in the fun with them.
Connor is based on a New York Central Railroad streamlined J3a Hudson built by Alco of Schenectady, New York in 1937. Ten J3a Hudsons were fitted with streamlined shrouds by Henry Dreyfuss in 1938 in order to do heavy hauling at a greater speed, most famously hauling the Twentieth Century Limited between New York City and Chicago. All of the Hudson locomotives were scrapped.
Connor is painted teal blue with aquamarine and yellow lining.
- Season 1 - Spencer the Show-Off, Special Brakes (mentioned), and Gordon, Spencer and the Flying Scotsman
- Season 2 - Jealous James, Duncan's Discovery (cameo), and The "Ghost" Warrior (cameo)
- Railway Show Engines - Vinnie's Vicious Deed (cameo), Red and Fast, and Brave, Sleek and Strong
- In real life, Connor would be too large for the British loading gauge. However, it seems that he has been re-scaled to avoid animation issues.
- Connor and Caitlin's Irish-American accents may be references to how the New York Central and Baltimore & Ohio employed Irish immigrants in their early years.
|Stepney • Patriot • Flying Scotsman • Wilbert • Spencer • Hiro • Connor • Caitlin • Gator • Samson • Sam • D261 • D199 • Other Railway Diesels • Splatter and Dodge • The Mainland Diesels|
|Theo • Lexi • Merlin • Hurricane • Frankie|
|Ashima • Rajiv • Yong Bao • Vinnie • Carlos • Raul • Shane • Etienne • Frieda • Gina • Axel • Ivan|