BoCo is a mixed traffic diesel engine, who works on Edward's Branch Line.
BoCo was given a stressful welcome from Bill and Ben with their antics, but eventually became well at home on the North Western Railway. He works happily with Edward, and the two engines are very good friends.
BoCo is a tame diesel engine, who is sensible, kind, and has a decent sense of humour. Upon his arrival, he was unfortunate enough to be set upon by the mischievous Bill and Ben, when, thinking he had intentionally stolen their trucks, they pretended to be one engine and nearly made his eyes pop out. BoCo is now wise to the tank engine twins' pranks though he still somewhat humours them to a point. He is also good friends with Bill, Ben, Edward, and Duck. He is a true friend and is often willing to stick up for the underdog. BoCo is firm, but fair and friendly in his nature, not being afraid to speak his mind. Even Gordon soon thought of him in high regards when he "saved" him from Bill and Ben's antics. BoCo upholds a more praiseworthy and respectable, likeable image for diesel engines everywhere, being happy to show the more pompous steam engines that diesels have their uses. BoCo helps bring good order across Edward's branch line, even occasionally pulling main line trains, as the Fat Controller recognises how versatile he is.
BoCo is painted light green with the number "D5702" written on the sides of his cab in white.
- Season 1 - Geoffrey's Real, Edward Tries His Best, Harvey's Goods Train (cameo), Snowdrift (cameo), Big Strong Murdoch, Gordon, Spencer and the Flying Scotsman (cameo), and Tinsel on the Tracks (cameo)
- Season 2 - Unique Engines, Breakdown Butch (cameo), Sidney Gets Lost, Sodor Day (cameo), Timothy and the Aquarium, and Trapped in Tidmouth (does not speak)
- Season 3 - Edward's Discovery
- BoCo's name is often mis-capitalised as "Boco".
- In the television series, BoCo and Daisy shared some of the same face masks, with Daisy's face having added make-up.
- BoCo's third season horn is Mavis' horn at a lower pitch. His original horn was Diesel's at a lower pitch. He also shared a horn sound with Daisy in Seasons 4 and 5.
- BoCo is one of two characters to have his real-life basis mentioned on-screen (the other being Merlin).
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Bill and Ben • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • Neil • Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Bash and Dash • Ferdinand • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Timothy • Marion • Logan • Glynn • Ryan • Geoffrey • Diesel • Mavis • Derek • Diesel 10 • 'Arry and Bert • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Philip • Flynn • Winston • Stafford • Dustin|